About The Bellingham Steampunk Festival
Date: July 28, 2018
Location: Fairhaven Village Green
1207 10th St, Bellingham, Washington 98225
What might there be at this shindig you ask?
- Overlooked Victorian era wonders: Steampunk, electrical, mechanical, literature, music, arts, crafts, etc.
- An outdoor market at the Village Green in Fairhaven, with vendors of punked treasures and other steamy treats
- Live Entertainment: musicians & performers
- A parade of creative costumery - Enter the Contest
- Book readings and author presentations in Village Books
- Fun activities for the whole family
- Mr. Flip's Passport Adventure
- 2D Art Show
- Raffles, contest, exhibitions & more
How it all began
In Fall of 2011, the local steampunks gathered at a debut author's book release party to show their support. We surprised the author with our numbers and brought together steampunks and civilians under one banner: the love of a good book. That event introduced to us to Caleb "Flip" Kors, age 9--already wowing audiences with fearless performances at the local circus guild--who was to become the inspiration for our Festival. See Mr. Flip's Story.
We are thrilled to see so many interesting & beautiful people, year after year, come together from all over the world, congregate in the Bellingham & Whatcom County area!